In Appointy, you don’t have to create a separate intake form for each service. When you add fields to the intake form, you can select the service(s) for which these fields are needed. You can go on creating multiple intake form fields and link it to the services as and when required in the intake form.
Here’s how you can create intake form:
Quick Nav — (Settings → Intake Form → Click on ‘Add Field’ to add a field to the intake form → Add details in the ‘New Field’ side panel → Click on ‘Add’)
- Log into the Appointy admin panel.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ icon in the toolbar appearing on the left.
- Go to the ‘Intake Form’ tab under the ‘Customization’ section.
- In the ‘Intake Form’ window, click on the ‘Add Field’ button to add a field.
- A ‘New Field’ side panel will open. Add field details like field name, answer type and services in the ‘New Field’ side panel.
The form field can be anything like phone number, age, gender, anything to understand client preference, etc. You can add this in the ‘Enter Field Name’ title head.
The ‘Type’ title head defines the kind of input data that can be entered for a field. For example, if you have added the field as ‘Phone Number’ or ‘Age’, the input field type has to be ‘Number’. Similarly, if the field you have entered is ‘Address’, then you must select ‘Address’ in the ‘Type’ title head which will allow the clients to enter a mix of both text and numbers.
You can mark this field as mandatory by turning on the toggle button against ‘Required’. To assign the same intake form field to other services, click on the service name appearing at the bottom of the ‘New Field’ panel and select the services from the ‘Select Service’ pop-up.
Input data types and what they mean.
- Text - Input data field where clients can enter general text.
- Number - Numerical input data field where the clients can only enter numbers.
- Date - Input data field for the clients to select a date in Year-Month-Date format.
- Address - Input data field for the clients to add their address which generates a mapping link for you to map the complete route from your location to the client’s location on Google Maps.
- Heading - An explanation or instruction for the clients about the intake form or a field in the intake form.
- Single Choice - Creates radio buttons as options for the client to choose any one from the multiple options.
- Multiple Choice - Creates radio buttons as options for the client to choose one or more from the multiple options.
- List - Creates a list of options in the form of a drop-down menu for the clients to choose one from the list.
- TextArea - Input data field where clients can enter general text in multiple lines.
- Once you have added the field details, click on the ‘Add’ button appearing at the bottom of the ‘New Field’ side panel.
- You will see the intake form field along with its preview on the right that will appear in the client’s booking interface. Click on ‘Save Changes’ in the ‘Intake Form’ window to confirm the field.
Similarly, you can add more fields in the ‘Intake Form’ window and link it with a service(s) so that it appears with the intake form of that service(s).
You can allow the intake form to auto-populate the input fields for the upcoming bookings of a customer who has already provided the information once. Enable ‘Automatically fill in the customer information from the data saved during their previous appointments’ in the ‘Intake Form’ window.
Note: Auto-populating an intake form allows you to save the information against the customers which is, otherwise, saved only against the appointments. You also have the ability to edit the intake form information saved against the customers but not the intake form information saved against the appointments.