With Appointy, a business can accept payments at the time of booking. Here is an explanation of how paid booking works:
1. Client selects a service and tries to book it.
2. The selected time-slot is temporarily blocked for 5 minutes. Appointy forwards the client to payment gateway for payment. During this time, no one else can book that time-slot.
3. Once the payment is realized, the payment gateway sends a notification to Appointy in the background and we mark the appointment as confirmed (depending on your settings). Such confirmed bookings has a status of "Paid" besides it.
4. If the client does not pay, the booking expires and the time-slot is again available for others to book.
5. The failed booking is however shown in unapproved section which can be manually approved by admin or staff. The reason to keep it under unapproved is because sometimes payment gateway does not sends a notification even after payment realization. It is not usual but still happens.