With Appointy, you can accept payments from your clients at the time of booking. Here’s an explanation of how paid bookings work in Appointy:
- A client will select a service for booking.
- The selected time-slot will be temporarily blocked for 5 minutes. Appointy forwards the client to the payment gateway for payment. Meanwhile, no one else will be able to book that time-slot.
- Once the payment is realized, the payment gateway sends a notification to Appointy and the appointment is marked as confirmed (depending on your appointment approval settings under ‘Customer Booking Rules’). These prepaid and confirmed bookings are reflected with a ‘Paid’ status in your calendar.
- If the client does not pay or the payment is declined due to some reason, the booking expires and the time-slot is again available for bookings to other clients.
- The failed booking is, however, shown in the unapproved section which can be manually approved by an admin or a staff member. The reason we reflect it in your unapproved appointments is because sometimes the payment gateway might fail to send a notification even after the payment is realized.
Click here to know how to troubleshoot IPN notifications from Paypal.